Friday, December 16, 2016

My pregnancy journey (38th week)

Baby bump at 36th week

We are 38 weeks now and I am so ready to go into labour although I know being pregnant is the best part and I am so going to miss having her inside me and this first bump! I do really enjoy and content being pregnant even when I don't feel comfortable at times. In fact, I haven't been really uncomfortable. Being pregnant just not as bad as I thought it would be. When I heard some mums feel really uncomfortable, how they are so ready for it to be over, I don't feel like that. I think that I have been embracing all that as much as I still can.

I will probably just going to repeat myself over and over, these final weeks because this is the part of pregnancy that seems to be going soooooo slow. Every single day, I was like, "Really? why haven't you want to come out yet???" Every time anyone talks to me or texts me, will ask whether or not the baby has arrived yet.



So, 38th week, we are officially at the point where we are considered fullterm, which means the baby has really developed, which means when she comes out, she will be a ready-to-go baby. So basically from here onwards till 40th week, she will just be gaining weight. Everything is pretty much good to go and that's really exciting.

For these past 2 weeks, I have been feeling kind of emotional because it's like these are some of the last pregnancy updates here that I'm going to talk about pertaining to this pregnancy but we still do very looking forward to seeing her soon. Mixed feelings, really. I'm getting very anxious for her arrival. Not scared but I just want it to happen, like right now! We are getting impatient. It's probably has to do with the fact that she's already full term and it's like something snapped within me that she's ready and I want her to be here. I'm just so ready to grab my hospital bag and go to the hospital and let them do whatever they need to do for the labour :P. I just want her to be here and know that she's safe. So, that's where I am right now; anticipating for the surprise from our baby girl because you really don't know when it's going to happen. It can happen anytime!!! I'm just getting impatient to hold her and see her and that has been hard for me this week. I even dreamt that I had bloody show and I asked tubby to call the ambulance. Tubby also dreamt that I went into labour.

We just had our Ob appointment this morning. We had a scan and baby is looking perfect, everything is looking good. Ob said my fluid levels have always been good, so thats a great thing. Our baby is measuring average; she's not measured super big or super small; just right on track. So I don't need to worry about wiehgt wise because you guys know that I was kind of worried that she might be a big baby due to my gestational diabetes. Ob said that I have been controlling my glucose level quite well so there is nothing for me to worry about. Baby's head has already gone down to my pelvis which is a good position to prepare for labour. So now, I feel more space on my upper body and I can eat more now. However I feel more pressure on my pelvic area, which is normal at this stage. Now, I would wake up at least once every night to pee, usually at 4am. I guess that's kind of a way to prepare myself for the need to wake up many times at night to breastfeed baby. 

I started preparing myself physically for the labour; making myself to walk a lot, whenever I have the chance; climbing stairs, doing squats, practising breathing and other techniques learnt from youtube. I also started preparing baby mentally by telling her what it's like outside my womb. Hopefully, she can be a bit mentally prepared also before coming out. HAHA

Well, we can never be 100% prepared for labour because every labour is different, every mum experiences labour differently. It's definitely very helpful to listen to some mums' experiences and get some tips but we still go in to labour room with an open mind for whatever situation that we might be in during labour. I just can't wait to experience the labour myself!

Baby, when are you coming out???

No comments:

Post a Comment