Monday, June 12, 2017

Baby's 5 months update



Rainbow is five and a half months' old now! She's getting so so big that I cannot believe she's this big already. Where did the time go? I know I always said this but time really go on so quickly. She's still such a happy little fellow. Such a good and smart girl. She learnt many skills on her own. We didn't have to teach her really. She figured them out all by herself. I love giving her a certain toy and let her explore rather than teach her how to play it right. Most of the time, she surprised me. She has learnt how to rollover; first from back to tummy and then from tummy to back. She's pretty mobile now. If we lay her down on bed and turn away for a minute and then turn back, she will be in a completely different position or completely different way. Couple of nights when she first started learning how to roll over to the front, she fussed because she is a tummy sleeper and when she rolled over to the front, she would wake herself up and wanted to be picked up. But she adapted to the skill really really well. She still loves standing up. When we hold her upright, she loves stamping on the floor.

She thrives really well on routine. We first started getting her into nighttime routine when she was 1 month old. Now, we just started nap time routine with her. She's thriving really well. She can now fall asleep in her cot on her own without our help, which is really good for her. We are so proud of her. She's such a big girl already. We didn't really have to train her to sleep by herself. One day, she just discovered her way. Then, I just realised, all along I wasn't ready to let go of her to learn things on her own. When I really let go, then she has the chance to find her capability. Most of the time, she didn't disappoint us.


She still sleeps almost 10-12 hours every night and wakes up once or twice for feeding in between. Mostly twice and she's able to fall back asleep after feeding most of the time. Otherwise, she will just dance around her cot for at most an hour and then fall back asleep. The night before, she managed to sleep through for the first time. Only that one night. haha.

11th June 2017

She still loves putting her fingers or things into her mouth. She's blowing bubbles all the time, babbling all the time. She gags more often now as well which is good for her reflex when she learns how to take solid when she turns 6 months in 2 weeks time. We are now in the process of getting her ready for solid food. We would sit her on high chair for most of our mealtimes. She can sit up quite well on high chair. At first, she didn't like it but now she's no longer fussing over it. She stares at our food. She observes how we eat. She will grab our plates if within her reach. We will let her go the baby led root for her to learn how to eat rather than we feed her. Like I always say, baby is really smart in their own way. Baby led weaning will be a lot messier than the traditional feeding but I have heard a lot of good things about it and have experienced it with my nieces.

She still goes everywhere with me all the time. We are attached at the hip. No matter where I go, who I'm meeting, she will tag along. She's my little shadow and I never really leave her except when she's sleeping. I love my little shadow and if I'm not with her then I will miss her a lot a lot.

For as much as life will bring about change, some things will always remain the same: the love that we have for you and the place that you have in our hearts. You are a dream came true. We feel so special to have a daughter like you! It hurts to know that the memories that we created now when you are still a baby will probably be forgotten when you grow up but thankfully papa mama will remember them. Even if you do not remember, we hope that you can remember the love that we made you feel every time. Rainbow, can you don't grow up so fast????

No comments:

Post a Comment