Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's day

This is my FIRST mother's day.

So surreal!

I am now a mother!

How did that happen???



Happy Mother's day to myself and to all the mothers in this world who are struggling and surviving each day.

Now that I am a mother myself, I feel that all mothers are amazing (literally) and I am blessed with two; my mother and mother-in-law. Motherhood is not a temporary thing that stops when a baby becomes adult and independent. Motherhood is forever.

I thank my mum for being such a great mum role model to me and my sisters and showed us what a great mum is or should be like. She is selfless yet strong even until now that we are already married and have our own little families, she continues her role as our mother. She is the most beautiful woman I know.

I thank my mother-in-law for being so helpful ever since I got married into this family. She is one strong and independent woman. She has been taking such a good care of the whole family from the little little matters to the most important ones. Can't thank her enough.

Motherhood to me is a tough job, the toughest job in the world. It can really be difficult. Now I really experience it myself. When rainbow fusses or whines, it can be real overwhelming. However overwhelming at times, those moments remind me that motherhood, though it's tough, it's a gift. That's why I think God made us women stronger in many ways (sorry, man but I think it's so true). We hold many roles: a mother, milk producer, sleep helper, shower the bub, a wife, man's helper, we have to take care of ourselves etc and it's always a thankless job. Even so, I am still very encouraged each time I see her smile, so wide, so brightly. Yes, I will not get instant gratification all the time, but every time when she smiles at me, I will feel that her little hearts are thankful for me. The rewards are always intangible.

This day now holds a special place in my own heart because of Rainbow who made me a mum.

Thanks Rainbow for giving me this status.

No comments:

Post a Comment