Tuesday, November 22, 2016

My pregnancy journey (third trimester)

I am currently into my 35 weeks of pregnancy. Woho! Which is totally insane. Ever since I hit 30 weeks I have been feeling crazy. The weeks gone by so quick! According to Glow app, our rainbow is the size of a muskmelon. She was about 2kg when we went for scan 2 weeks ago. It's a good hefty size and that's true because I feel like my body is so compressed and squashed and full right now. I got a lot of comments from a lot of people saying I don't look pregnant from the back or when I'm wearing loose dress which is very sweet and I take it as a compliment. I guess different mums gain weight in different ways whether carrying a boy or carrying a girl. Now, I can't take in full breathe, because I just don't have a lot of space in there. Same goes with food. I can't eat as much as normally. I get bloated easily even after a small meal.



Sleeping has been kind of hit and miss. Even when it's enough; like enough hours, I still wake up maybe once or twice each night. There have been multiple times during my third trimester I would wake up middle of the night having these horrible leg cramps. Sometimes I don't even wake up to leg cramps or to pee. I just wake up, think that it's morning, checked my phone, saw the husband still snoring and realised it's 5am and then wished that I didn't wake up at all. 

Emotionally, generally I have been good. I feel pretty normal most of the days and I have even been impressed that I don't get the tiredness as strong compared to first trimester. In contrast, I am full of energy most of the times. Maybe this is what most mums termed as "nesting instinct". I just have a lot of energy to do some minor cleaning, rearrange some stuffs, do some simple home workout and pick up some sewing skills. The only downside is the increase physical discomfort.

I don't know if it's just me but when I sneeze or cough, I pee. Although we don't get period during pregnancy, I still wear pad/pantyliner throughout my whole pregnancy. 

In terms of craving nowadays, it's weird that I am not a super fan towards sweet stuff before pregnancy. I mean I eat sweet stuffs once in a while but I could live without. Throughout third trimester, I think about chocolate, I think about cake, I think about ice-cream, I think about brownie all the time! I guess you start having things that you don't usually crave for. What frustrates me is that I am diagnosed with gestational diabetes and thus I need to control my glucose intake. When I crave for sweet stuffs, I can't eat them whole but just a few small bites :(. I can do it!

So, until third trimester, I still don't get the pregnancy glow everyone talks about. Up till now, I still breakout like a teenager. Maybe my rainbow is stealing my beauty? haha. Hopefully my skin gets better after delivery.

Obviously it has been quite a lot happening in there since my last pregnancy update. Now when she moves around, they are no longer kicks and punches anymore. It's like my whole womb is turning 360 degrees. She moves a lot these days. Feel like she doesn't even sleep. 

Anyhow, we certainly are looking forward to her arrival very very soon! Baby crib is coming in today! Will be decorating her nursery corner. <3

Till then...........


No comments:

Post a Comment